Protecting Your Privacy
Athena Nursing Care provides a range of services and collects personal information to ensure a holistic approach to the care we offer. We recognize and respect every person’s right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality. We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of clients, staff and volunteers’ personal information. We will use all reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of individuals’ personal information and to comply with the obligations imposed by the Privacy Act 1988 (The Act).
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
How we use your information
Generally, we will use your information to:
- assess your eligibility to access our services
- adjust services to meet your specific needs
- determine if you need to make any payments
- contact you to discuss the services you are using and give you the opportunity to tell us what you think about your experience with Athena Nursing Care
- discuss the services you are using with your family or next of kin, provided you have given us consent to do so
Collection and Purpose
We may collect personal information from you in the course of your use of www.athenanusringcare.com.au. In addition, your computer may also pass cookies to the website which allow us to customise your experience on the website. The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best user friendly experience possible on the website.
We will not disclose any of your personal information to any person or party not directly involved with Athena Nursing Care without your consent.
We take online security very seriously, and have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our servers, and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation.